Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mucuna Pruriens and Chickpea

Here other bean, this plant the same like soy plant. I just know this from my friend in Solo if this bean, the same like soy bean for make tempe. I am curious to planting this. But I find the price expensive just only for 25 seeds. 

The name is Mucuna Pruriens or in Indonesia populer with name Kacang Benguk. The plant also the same with Chickpea. Also one family with soybeans, as you know the taste and texture beans from Mucuna Pruriens (Kacang Benguk) and Chickpea, all both are the same like soy beans. You can substitutie soy bean for make tempe (fermentasi soy bean)
Photo take from : http://www.pctgardens.com

 
Photo taken from : Chickpea - Wikipedia 

Photo taken by me

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sir according to me mucuna and chick pea r different ..... but u r right mucuna and soya are very similar...... if u mant i can give u more info on mucuna......

Anonymous said...

HaLlo, thank you... yes you cangive me info about mucuna. But at here I only explain if with mucuna bean, we can make Tempe (Fermentasi Soys)

Anonymous said...

The photos are amazingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing! ^___^

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I assume nice post. Especially the designation attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I about the brief should have more info then it has.